Join us for this one day workshop by Judith Rosenberg
When: Wednesday 1st August 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
Fee: ACI Members $60 / Non Members $80 ( includes materials)
Where: The Zone, 89 McCarthy Rd, Maleny QLD 4552
About the Workshop:
Using aluminium plates prepared with a bitumen resist, the participants can inscribe their image onto the plate’s surface (Intaglio). With immersion in a non-toxic solution of copper sulphate and salt the image inscribed on the plate is bitten. The plates can then be used to create small prints and or cards.
Oil-based printing inks are used to print the prepared plate.
All materials supplied by tutor. $10 materials fee paid by each participants included with the workshop fee.
- short introduction to plate preparation
- brief discussion on Intaglio origin
- plate preparation
- discussion and demo of drawn image onto the plate .
- the drawn image is bitten by the immersion of the plate copper sulphate and salt
- removal of the resist and cleaning of plate.
- the inking-up process.
- images printed onto the prepared soaked papers
I trained as a painter at Leeds University, UK. For my B.A in Fine Arts, my main subject was painting – with printmaking taken as an elective.
In 1988, because of my keen interest in drawing and the fine line, I returned to printmaking.
Since moving to the Sunshine Coast in 1997, I have facilitated many print (etching) workshops. I have featured in many group and solo printmaking exhibitions.
Date(s) - 01/08/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm