To make the Members Directory look as attractive as possible and be as useful to you as members and to the public visiting the site, we ask that you complete your profile as fully as possible.
You can use the Login link at the top of each page or in the footer bar.
You can login with either the username you created when you registered or the email you used to join.
If you have forgotten your password, you can use the Forgot Your Password Link on the Login page
Please CONTACT US if you can’t remember either of these.
EDITING YOUR PROFILE
To start editing your profile, click on the small gear icon underneath the profile image
This will open the dropdown menu
- Edit Profile – this allows you to edit all the profile fields and upload images
- My Account – you can change your email address and password
NB: Only profiles that include a profile image will be visible in the members directory.
- Profile images need to be jpg, jpeg or png format.
- Maximum files size is 500kb.
- Image dimensions need to be at least 300 x 300 px, though 400 x 400 px is better. You can upload an image that is larger / different shape and the inbuilt cropping facility will allow you to select the best part of the image.
NB: Only profiles that include a cover image will be visible in the members directory.
- Cover images need to be jpg, hpeg or png format.
- Maximum file size is 500kb.
- Image dimensions are minimum 750px width up to maximum 1200px width. The cover image ration is 2:7:1 – however you can upload a larger image and use the inbuilt cropping facility to choose the “slice” of the image you want to use. NB maximum and minimum image sizes still apply.
UPDATE your profile after uploading new images.
The Update Button is at the bottom of your Profile page
- The display name for your profile is set by the web- admin – please CONTACT US if it needs to be changed.
- You can edit all other content on your profile.
- Introduction: This is the information seen on the main directory page if someone clicks on the little drop-down arrow. Limit is 200 words.
- Media: Use this to describe the media you work with as an artist
- Contact Phone: Only enter this information if you want it displayed on the website
- Website: Please use http://www.yourwebsite.com format to make sure the link works.
- Studio Address: Only enter this if you want it displayed on the website.
- Google Map: If you would like a Google Map displayed for your Studio Address, please enter your full address including state and postcode. You do not need to enter the google url, just the plain address.
- Social Media: You need to enter the full url of your social media pages – eg https://facebook.com/your facebookaddress
- About / Bio: This is your opportunity to tell people more about your work and your history.
UPDATE your profile after adding new profile info
Examples of your work
Its a good idea to have at least 3 images of your work to display as it makes both your profile and the website in general more interesting. However this site is not a replacement for your own website, so a limited of number of uploads is available.
You can currently upload 9 images and embed two youtube videos per profile.
Its wise to upload three then UPDATE your profile.
Before you upload any images they must be optimized. This means resizing and compressing files down to a manageable size.
Minimum image dimensions are 600px ( height or width) and maximum 1200px (height or width). An image 1000 -1200 px wide or high is a good size and will help keep your file size lower.
Maximum file size is 500kb, though reducing file size to 300-500kb is easier on the site as a whole.
Resizing Images before upload
If you have access to Photoshop, it provides the best control over image resizing.
However there are many free photo resizing apps available now.
The standard Preview app on a MAC can be used to resize an image.
- Open the image in preview
- Use Tools to change the image dimensions
- Use Image Quality to change file size – an image quality of 60 is preferable.
- Play with dimensions and quality until you get the right file size and image size.
The app Photo Bulk is an excellent tool that will help optimise your images.
Microsoft has an app “Resize Images” that you can download for free.
The free application RIOT will help you process your images before uploading.
When adding videos from YouTube you only need to paste in the Video ID which is the string of characters at the end of the video URL.
- Make sure you Update your Profile before Logging Out
- Always logout after you have finished editing.
- Click on the gear icon underneath the profile image until the drop down appears.
- Click on LOGOUT
- OR Click on the LOGOUT link in the Footer bar