|Entry/Submission by||Sunday May 14th, 2017|
|Final Entry Information by||Friday June 30, 2017|
|Selection Notification||Friday July 14, 2017|
|Installation dates||September 26-27 2017|
|Exhibition Open to public||Thursday September 29, 2017|
|Award Night & Opening Launch||Thursday October 5, 2017|
|Exhibition Closes||5pm Sunday October 23, 2017|
|Uninstall||10am – 2pm October 27 – 28, 2017|
AWARD POOL of more than $8000 with a major Award of $5000.
Special New Award for 1st Time Entrant, and an Environmental Award for entries whose theme and construction support Environmental Awareness.
• Reference the location and surrounds
• Be visually appropriate and relevant to the selected site
• Create a welcoming landmark
• Be of a scale relevant to the site
• Consider access requirements. There are areas at Tamarind Retreat that are not available for art display.
• Artists will be responsible for the maintenance and presentation of their work throughout the duration of the exhibition. Where grass is concerned please ensure you have considered easy access and safety for grounds maintenance i.e. lawn mowers and whipper snippers.
• Sculptures will be selected on the basis that they are suitable for outdoor installation.
• Artists are invited to visit and identify a specific location within the site and work within the restrictions and parameters, some of which are detailed in this brief. Those unable to visit or attend can communicate via email or phone with the organisers.
• All works entered into the prize must be available for display for the entire duration of the exhibition. Entries must remain available for exhibition and not be sold prior.
• The site is suitable for large and small works, but artists must consider the size and installation so that it is not easily moved.
• Consideration should also be given to public interaction and environmental weather factors.
Pre-selection / Judging
All entries submitted will be presented for review to a pre-selection panel, from which a maximum of 50 works will be selected. The pre-selection panel and Judge’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All risk for the artwork remains with the artist.
Spicers Tamarind Retreat is a private, safe location, but does not have 24 hour security.
For non-members, a copy of your public liability insurance certificate must be provided with your entry.
Public Liability is provided for active Arts Connect members.
You may choose to join before you enter. Information for Artist Public Liability Insurance can be found:
Sale of Artwork
All works will be offered for sale for the duration of the Sculpture on the Edge exhibition.
To achieve maximum sales for artists and financial viability for this event, Artists are requested not to submit pieces that have a sale price of more than $12,000.
Arts Connect Inc will receive a commission of 25% which will be deducted from the sale price of all work sold.
Arts Connect Inc is the sole owner of the information collected from the entry forms and any other information submitted, and will not sell, share or rent the information to others except for the sole purpose of advertising or promoting Sculpture on the Edge.
Delivery, Freight and Installation
Freight of the pre-selected works to and from the exhibition is the responsibility of the Artist. Larger works requiring special access or equipment to install must liaise & confirm details with the organisers at least 2 weeks prior to the installation date.
Installation work will be the responsibility of the Artist and a site map of locations will be provided and negotiated with the artists once selection has occurred.
Sculpture sites are not guaranteed. Your site will be finalised following a meeting with the organisers. We encourage artists successful in their submission to meet on site with the organisers for site allocation and installation matters. Final site selection is the decision of the organisers.
If Artists are not available to install the works themselves, they must provide a representative to install the artwork and notify the organisers.
Your Entry Form and Entry Fee, Attached images, Artist Statements and CV bio must be completed either Online (preferred method), or printed, filled out, scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or printed, filled out and mailed to: PO Box 1033, Maleny QLD 4552 by Friday April 28 2017.
Download the pdf ENTRY FORM
Payment MUST be made at the time of entry and can be made Online or by direct payment to the ACI bank account. Please attach proof of payment with entry if paid by direct payment.
Entries will not be accepted without proof of entry fee payment.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ATTACH THE NECESSARY FILES TO YOUR ENTRY: ENTRY FORM AND IMAGE FILES, CV BIO, ARTIST STATEMENT(S) Public Liability Insurance Certificate ( non-members only) and PROOF OF PAYMENT (if not made online).