Maleny Cream @ the Butter Factory
7 Aug @ 10:00 am - 8 Sep @ 3:00 pm| FREE
Arts Connect Inc members David Bongiono and Laurva Vecmane are participating in a group exhibition at the Coory Butter Factory Arts Centre, with 6 other highly acclaimed Maleny artists Marvene Ash, Shannon Garson, Donald Greenfield, Peter Hudson, David Paulson and Atto Zarzura
“Maleny Cream @ the Butter Factory” showcases the creative diversity of Maleny, a town famous for its artistic community.
This dynamic group exhibition is curated by contributing artist and ACI member David Bongiorno, and includes ceramics and sculpture; drawing and painting. Represented are nationally acclaimed and highly respected emerging artists working in the hinterland town of Maleny:
- David Paulson and Peter Hudson are Archibald finalists with paintings in the Queensland Art Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery.
- Acclaimed artist and Churchill Fellow Shannon Garson shows refined porcelain forms engaging with nature through drawing and painted imagery.
- Marvene Ash uses a painterly approach, capturing the vitality of the landscape.
- Laura Vecmane, a multidisciplinary artist and previous winner of SOTE. connects to her subject through a highly original style.
- David Bongiorno displays a mastery of drawing in his sensitive figurative studies.
- Acclaimed cartoonist Donald Greenfield shows his latest autobiographical collage work.
- Sculptor Atto Zarzura a paper sculptor channels his unique imagination into a collection of fantastical birds.