MEET THE COOL LOCALS
(Amphibians and Reptiles of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve)
“Meet the Cool Locals” is a fantastic opportunity for members to exhibit in a contemporary gallery within the lush tropical rainforest. Expose your work to the hundreds of visitors that come through the doors of the Discovery Centre of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. This will be a strongly themed exhibition with the focus on the amphibians and reptiles who call the park home. If you’ve never worked creatively with this theme, now is your chance! The closing date for this exhibition is Friday the 16th of July, so get cracking!
This exhibition will showcase our local amphibians and reptiles, especially those that call the Mary Cairncross Reserve home. We are excited to present this strongly themed exhibition of artworks inspired by the many species of frogs, snakes and lizards and the environment in which they live. If you have always wanted to know more about our local neighbours in the rainforest, come along and enjoy the show.
Art Exhibition Entry Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before completing the Entry Form for this exhibition.
Submission of Exhibition Entry is and shall constitute the Artists acceptance of all the conditions of entry.
Arts Connect Inc Exhibition
Meet the Cool Locals – Amphibians and Reptiles of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve!
This is a strongly themed exhibition with the focus on the creative depiction of our spectacular, diverse and interesting amphibians and reptiles who call the park home in either a 2D or 3D form. Experience has shown that smaller pieces sell more successfully due to the high number of tourists passing through the reserve.
30th July – 15th August 2021
Art Exhibition Entry Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before completing the Entry Form for this exhibition. The exhibition will be subject to COVID regulations.
- You may submit up to three 2-D works or up to three 3-D pieces (or a mix of both) with a guarantee that at least one entry will be displayed.
- Entries must be inspired by and align with the exhibition title – Meet the Cool Locals – Amphibians and Reptiles of the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve!
- There is a non-refundable entry cost per exhibiting artist of $45 and a 20% commission taken for each piece sold.
- Space is limited, so please consider this when submitting pieces for this exhibition.
- All 3-D works must be stable and labelled. All 2-D works must be ready to hang with D-Rings.
- All hanging and display to be at the discretion of the curator.
- All artworks are to be clearly labelled on the reverse side with the artists name and the title.
- Work must have been created no more than 2 years prior to the entry date.
- All participating artists must be current financial members of Arts Connect Inc.
- All submissions must be the original work of the artist.
- Artworks must not exceed 10kg per piece.
- All damage is at the risk of the artist.
- Exhibitions labels will be the responsibility of Arts Connect Inc.
- All packaging to be clearly labelled with the artists name.
- Artworks insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- Attendance stewarding – two full days per exhibitor or one day if you bring a non-exhibiting person to assist you. A link to a roster will be sent to you a few weeks prior to the exhibition.
The artworks will be displayed in the exhibition space upstairs at the Mary Cairncross Reserve from the 30th July – 15th August. Opening times are 9.30 – 3.30pm.
All artworks are to be delivered to Mary Cairncross (first floor exhibition space) on the 29th July between 10-12pm.
Collection of unsold works will be on Monday 16th August between 10-12pm.
Please contact Annie via firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 0435 903 840 if either of these days cause you difficulty.
Complete the Entry Form and upload image(s).
All images must be a .jpg file and be of the work in its entirety. Each image must be less than 2MB in size.
Art Exhibition Entry Form
The exhibition will be subject to COVID regulations.
Entries must depict or be inspired by the amphibians and reptiles of Mary CairnCross, or similar forestry.
Due to COVID regulations we need 2 people to steward the exhibition when it is open to the public. Exhibiting artists are expected to assist with the stewarding by volunteering to attend the gallery for at least two days of the duration of the exhibition, or one day if you bring one non-exhibiting person with you.
Entries closed on the 16th July 2021.
If you have any questions related to the exhibition, please contact Annie on 0435 903 840.