Your Feature Image
- The best size for your Feature image is 1200 pixels wide x 400 pixels high – that is a ratio of 3:1
- Images uploaded outside of those dimensions will be cropped and/or resized to fit.
Images of you and your work
- You can include up to 10 photos in your online gallery
- We recommend including a profile photo of you as one of those 10 photos
- Recommended maximum width or height is 1200 pixels
- Recommended minimum width or height is 300 pixels
Resizing your image
If you have access to Adobe Photoshop (or a friend with Photoshop), it provides the best control over image cropping and resizing. This link will take you to a Photoshop tutorial page on Adobe’s website with some great getting-started resources.
If you don’t have that access, there are a few different options available. Have a look at the tabs below, look at the online resources or see what apps are available for free Mac and Windows operating systems.
Canva – if you have an account with Canva, you can use their built-in image resizing tools
BeFunky.com – free image resizer
Birme.net – bilk image resizer
onlineimageresize.com – Resize multiple images
simpleimageresizer.com – free image resizer
photoresizer.com – resize images for social media
The standard Preview app on a MAC can be used to resize an image.
- Open the image in preview
- Use Tools > Adjust Size to change the image dimensions, changing the width and height. Make sure you are using pixels and not cm as the measurement
- Adjust the Resolution in this same window to reduce the file size of your image. Don’t go below 72 pixels/inch.
- Play with dimensions and quality until you get the right file size and image size.
- This link will take you to a user guide for Mac’s Preview app
Microsoft has an app “Resize Images” that you can download for free. Google “microsoft resize app” to find the best link at Microsoft to download.
The free application RIOT will help you process your images before uploading.