No drawing or printmaking skills required. This is a great introduction to artist book making with its simplicity and natural artistic form.
When: Saturday 11 December 2021, 10:00 am – 3:30 pm AEST
Where: The Zone, 89 McCarthy’s Road, Maleny, QLD 4552, Australia
More Information/Booking: Eventbrite Event
Price:$115 – $135
Within a concertina book format, combine drawing, doodling, painting, tracing, and monoprints to create atmospheric nature-based imagery of line and colour. Sandra your tutor will share her experimental techniques to help you create a unique narrative that expresses your personal response to the natural world.
By the end of the workshop, you will have completed a unique artist book, complete with hard covers.
What students need to bring
- 180gsm+ watercolour paper – one large sheet approx.A2 size per person, smooth. We’ll use half a sheet in the workshop.
- A4 Cartridge or Drawing paper – approx 15 sheets
- Glue brush, small container for glue, water containers
- PVA Glue
- Paper towel
- Good quality acrylic paints in your favourite colours
- Waterproof black markers 0.8, 0.5, 0.2
- White Gel Pens (optional)
- Watercolour kit including paints, brushes, water containers (water soluble pencils, inktense pencils, watercolour/gouache tubes or pans – whatever you have)
- Your usual drawing materials – pencils (graphite and coloured), eraser, sharpener
- Objects to draw and inspire – seed pods, leaves, sticks, stones, flowers, buds, insects, feathers, etc
- Inspiring imagery (ok to be on digital device if preferred)
- Flat objects to print with – string, netting, lace, leaves, plastic commercial stencils etc
- Gelatine plate if you have one
- Rubber roller if you have one